The first wave of nominations for the upcoming 2015 Teen Choice Awards were announced earlier yesterday afternoon and it just so happens our girl Kerry Washington snagged a nomination under the “Choice TV Actress: Drama” category for her work in “Scandal.” You can view below who Kerry is nominated alongside and be sure to mark your calendars – The 2015 Teen Choice Awards air live on Sunday, August 16 @ 8/7c on FOX!
Choice TV Actress: Drama
Hayden Panettiere – Nashville
Kerry Washington – Scandal
Lucy Hale – Pretty Little Liars
Maia Mitchell – The Fosters
Shay Mitchell – Pretty Little Liars
Taraji P. Henson – Empire
“AJC.com” — The HBO film “Confirmation,” starring “Scandal” lead Kerry Washington as Anita Hill, is getting underway in Atlanta. Filming is scheduled to take place from June 14 to Aug. 7.
Wendell Pierce will play the role as U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. The project concerns Thomas’ contentious confirmation to the high court, during which Hill’s testimony alleging licentious behavior prior to his nomination. Alison Wright will play Virginia Thomas.
Greg Kinnear will play U.S. Vice President (then Sen.) Joe Biden. Written by Susannah Grant, known for “Erin Brockovich,” “Pocahontas” (1995) and “Ever After: A Cinderella Story,” the project will be directed by Rick Famuyiwa.
Hello everybody! I have been slacking on updating our photo gallery with proper magazine scans of Kerry from her 2015 cover shoots. However, I have now uploaded 6 full sets of magazine scans into our photo gallery, including “InStyle,” “Glamour,” and “Marie Claire” USA, South Africa, and UK. I still have a few more to upload, which will be in the gallery in a few days. You can check out the previews of the covers below and view the full spreads in our gallery. Enjoy!
Magazine Scans > Scans from 2015 > Mar 2015: InStyle
Magazine Scans > Scans from 2015 > Apr 2015: Marie Claire
Magazine Scans > Scans from 2015 > May 2015: Glamour
Magazine Scans > Scans from 2015 > May 2015: Marie Claire South Africa
Magazine Scans > Scans from 2015 > Jun 2015: Marie Claire UK
“Glamour” — Kerry Washington wants you to be safe in the sun this summer—and she and Neutrogena are here to help. Here’s how: “It sounds so dramatic, but the truth of why I love the Choose Skin Health Campaign is to save lives—to fight skin cancer and save lives through education, early detection and empowering people to follow sun safe behavior. When someone purchases any Neutrogena product with sunscreen this summer, one is donated to a family in need. So as you are taking care of yourself and your family, you are also taking care of another family.” says the actress (and two-time Glamour cover girl). Here, her sunscreen rules.
1. Wear it every single day. “It changes depending on where I’m working—but even when I know I’m going to be on the lot, I still use it because I’m going from my car to the trailer, and from the trailer to the sound stage. Or we might end up shooting on location, who knows! I just feel like it’s better for me to be in the habit of using it then to say, ‘I’m going to the beach so now I’m going to wear SPF.'”
2. Multitask. “I love a multitasking product. I love the Visibly Even line because the soy in it helps to even out your skin tone and the SPF prevents you from getting dark spots I also really like the Ultra Sheer Dry Touch lotion. My choice depends on how much exposure I’m going to be getting at the time, and how much love I need in terms of evening out my skin tone or not—and also, whether I want a dewy look or a dry look—it all factors in.
3. Don’t neglect. “I always forget my feet. Which is not a big deal if I’m out on a bicycle. And I used to always forget my ears—but ever since I started working with Neutrogena I’ve learned about how many people find incidents of skin cancer there. So I’ve been really good about protecting them.”
4. Bring it everywhere. “I really like sunscreen sticks—they’re great because you can throw them in your bag and they don’t leak. Rub it along high intense areas and then blend.” Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face and Body Stick SPF 70, $11, neutrogena.com
5. Pack wisely. “I always pack a wide-brim hat for strolling around and a baseball cap for outdoor exercise. Less of a fashion look but more protecting myself on-the-go.”
6. Find your formula. “You have to figure out what works for you. Not everybody loves sprays, not everybody loves sticks—but take the time to figure out what is easiest for you and what you will maintain.”
7. Pay attention. “My makeup artist on Scandal was covering up some little scars on my leg (I was bitten by a spider while I was doing Django) and when I came back to the set of the show she noticed a mole on the back of my leg—upper calf—an area that I would normally never see on a regular basis because, who is looking at the back of their leg? And she said ‘this looks different’, so I had to get it biopsied. I’m fine, but thank God she was paying attention. That really taught me the importance of paying attention. It’s not just about looking at yourself in the shower or looking down—there are parts of your body that you don’t see and you have to check everywhere.”
8. Don’t be lazy. “Sometimes I get so lazy and want to run out of the house without moisturizing all over. But what good is it if only your face is protected from the sun but the rest of your body is completely vulnerable? Learning to take the time to do that is extremely important.”
Kerry Washington shows some leg while attending the 2015 Glamour Women Of The Year Awards held at Berkeley Square Gardens on Tuesday (June 2) in London, England. You can check out 100 medium and high quality photos of Kerry at the award show. She looks amazing, doesn’t she?! Enjoy browsing through all the photos!
FYI: Kerry is wearing a David Koma top and skirt with EFFY and EF Collection jewels, and carrying an Edie Parker clutch.
Public Appearances > Events from 2015 > Jun 02: Glamour Women Of The Year Awards – Arrivals
Public Appearances > Events from 2015 > Jun 02: Glamour Women Of The Year Awards – Inside
Public Appearances > Events from 2015 > Jun 02: Glamour Women Of The Year Awards – After Party
Kerry Washington is all smiles while attending the Los Angeles Times Envelope Screening of her hit show “Scandal” held at ArcLight Sherman Oaks on Wednesday (May 20) in Sherman Oaks, California. She was joined at the Q&A session by her co-stars Scott Foley, Portia de Rossi, Jeff Perry, Bellamy Young, Katie Lowes and Guillermo Diaz. You can check out 28 high quality photos of Kerry at the screening in our photo gallery! Enjoy browsing through all the photos!
FYI: Kerry is wearing an Honor dress.
Public Appearances > Events from 2015 > May 20: Los Angeles Times Envelope Screening Of “Scandal”
Kerry Washington shows off her legs while hitting the Disney Media Distribution International Upfronts at Walt Disney Studios on Sunday (May 17) in Burbank, California. She was joined by co-star Guillermo Diaz and fellow Shondaland actress Viola Davis at the event. You can browse through 64 medium and high quality photos of Kerry at the event in our photo gallery. Enjoy!
FYI: Kerry is wearing an Alexander Lewis dress, Le Silla shoes and EFFY Jewelry earrings.
Public Appearances > Events from 2015 > May 17: Disney Media Distribution International Upfronts
Kerry Washington is lovely in floral as she attends an evening with the cast of “Scandal” held at The Paley Center For Media on Thursday (May 14) in New York City. She was joined at the event by her co-stars Tony Goldwyn, Darby Stanchfield, Portia de Rossi, Joe Morton, Scott Foley, Bellamy Young, Jeff Perry, Joshua Malina, and Guillermo Diaz. You can browse through 57 medium and high quality photos of Kerry in the photo gallery. Enjoy!
FYI: Kerry is wearing a Prabal Gurung dress and Russo shoes.
Public Appearances > Events from 2015 > May 14: The Paley Center For Media Presents An Evening With The Cast Of “Scandal”
Hey everybody! I just updated our photo gallery with 635 high definition screen captures of Kerry from last night’s season four finale of “Scandal.” What did you guys think of the finale? Leave a comment or tweet us to share your thoughts. Enjoy!
“Scandal” > Season 4 > Screen Captures > 4×22 – You Can’t Take Command
Kerry Washington attended the Paley Center for Media’s Tribute to African-American Achievements in Television on Wednesday (May 13) at Cipriani Wall Street in New York City. You can check out 32 medium and high quality photos of Kerry from the event in the photo gallery. I hope you enjoy browsing through the photos!
FYI: Kerry is wearing a Self-Portrait dress, Christian Louboutin shoes, and Effy Jewelry.
Public Appearances > Events from 2015 > May 13: The Paley Center For Media Hosts A Tribute To African-American Achievements In Television